The eSports Games Industry: Heartbeat of Professional Gaming
eSports are sports games that are built exclusively on video games. Most eSports games are often planned and feature a multiplayer gaming setting that allows different people to play at the same time. Furthermore, these games are played by skilled players either as individuals or as a group or team.
eSports games have slowly become a vital part of the betting industry. Similarly, eSports offers non-players a different and exciting option when compared to other options on offer in the gambling arena.
eSports games have seen a huge rise in followership worldwide, with game fans now numbering millions. For example, Fortnite has over 350 million users. Likewise, Overwatch has over 40 million users worldwide.
This article will review the eSports gaming industry in general. Furthermore, we will review topics like eSport games, sponsorship, eSports teams, and eSports competitions. Similarly, we will review how you can benefit and win cash prizes.
A crucial piece of any eSports site is the games on offer. Most sites offer players a cool collection of impressive, exciting, and quality games. Similarly, these sites will allow you to place bets on all games they offer. However, the types of bets you can place differs from game to game. Similarly, some sites may offer special betting on specific games.
There is a large variety of games on these sites. However, this variety of games fall under different types of eSports games. Some popular types of games include:
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA):
Popular games under this genre include Dota 2, League of Legends, Arena of Valor, Heroes of the Storm, and Vainglory.
Real-Time Strategy games (RTS):
Popular games under this genre include Warcraft: Frozen Throne, Clash Royale, Halo Wars, and Starcraft 2.
Two popular games include Fortnite and PlayersUnkown Battleground.
First Person Shooter (FPS):
FIFA, NHL2K, and NBA2K League.
There are lots of eSports events players can enjoy. These contests provide a means for skillful players to compete against other players. Similarly, these contests provide a means to win huge amounts of cash.
A large portion of funds for eSports events usually come from sponsorships and advertising. However, ticket sales, media rights, and merchandise also fund these events. All of these add to the prize pool on offer for players to win.
There are different types of formats for eSports contests. Similarly, game formats depend on the type of events and the type of eSport game. Some game formats include:
- Match type: best of 1, best of 2, best of 3, best of 4, and best of 5.
- Group stages: Robin round, Double robin round, and Swiss Seeding.
- Playoffs or knockout stages: Single Elimination Bracket, and Double Elimination Bracket.
The biggest eSport event in the world is The International. The International is a yearly Dota 2 contest that features 18 teams and 90 players. The prize pool for the 2019 event was $34,330,069.00.
Another major eSport contest is the League of Legend world championship. There were 24 teams and 131 players at the 2018 event, and the prize pool of $6,450,000.00. Other top eSports events include: Call of Duty League Championship, PUBG Global Championship, Fortnite WorldCup finals, Overwatch League, Six Invitational, and many others.
Most eSports games feature a multiplayer setting, and this allows many players to compete against other players. There are many skillful players worldwide.
Most teams consist of different players. For example, Dota 2 consists of a team of five players. However, some eSports games feature only individual players competing against other players.
A group of players can decide to set up their team and signup for events. However, most eSports teams are owned and managed by traditional sports teams. For example, Vfl Wolfsburg and Westham FC own eSports Players who play EA FIFA soccer. Similarly, a host of NBA teams own several NBA 2k eSports teams.
Some eSports teams are owned by corporate organizations. For example, in 2016 UHM holdings bought Polish team Virtus.Pro for Polish team Virtus.Pro. UHM holdings are owned by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov.
Some celebrities also own eSports teams. For example, Arsenal player Mesut Ozil owns the M10 eSports team that focuses on Fortnite. Similarly, celebrity Dj Steve Aoki bought Rogue a team located in Las Vegas. The most successful teams in the world for 2020 are:
- Team Liquid: This team won $35,689,948 in prize money last year. This team has taken part in over 1800 eSports competitions.
- OG: OG earned $33,943,233 last year. Similarly, this team won the Dota 2 international tournament in 2018 and 2019.
- Evil Genuises: With over $21,000,000 in cash prize this team is the third-best team in the world. They won the 2015 Dota 2 international competition. Also, they won the 2018 call of duty tournament.
- Fnatic: This eSports team has won $15,729,227 from various competitions. They have won the league of legends championship on several occasions. Similarly, their counter-strike team is one of the best in the world.
- Virtus. pro: this polish team has won up to $14,403,074 from various games. Similarly, the team features regularly in top eSports tournaments like Dota 2.
Sponsorships are a means of creating revenue for many eSports teams and companies. For example, Team Liquid has an endorsement deal with marvel entertainment to produce clothing products players can buy. Similarly, sponsorships create partnerships that help to improve the value of eSports teams.
IBM has an analytics and sponsorship deal with Overwatch League that runs until 2022. Similarly, Red Bull has funded various eSports events with a cash sum worth over $500 Million.
Some recipients of this funding include Halo Legend David Walsh, Tempo Storm, Blizzard’s StarCraft 2, and Dota 2. Other esports patrons include Intel, Honda, Coca Cola, US Airforce, Disney Marvel, and Mercedes Benz.
There are different types of betting options available for esports games. However, there are some common options to bet on esports. All betting options provide you with a chance to win big and get a piece of this multi-million-dollar industry.
Some common betting types you will find includes:
- Tournament winner: This bet type allows players to bet on esports team expected to win a tournament. Furthermore, winnings on this bet type are usually massive, with large payouts guaranteed. Similarly, this bet type offers high odds.
- Match-winner: This bet type allows players to bet on the team they expect to win a match.
- Map Betting: Map betting allows players to bet on the team they expect to win the map.
- First kill and first blood: Some sites will allow you to place bets on who will get the first kill or draw the first blood in a match.
- Handicap Betting: This option allows players to balance the odds between a strong team and a weak team. As a result, the team you select will either see an increase or reduction in their overall score.
- Total Bet: This a common bet type on LOL. Players can bet that the total score will be below or above a specific figure.
The eSports Gaming Industry has grown over the years. However, this multi-million-dollar industry has lots of potentials to exceed expectations. It’s a wise move to bet on esports because of the numerous exciting possibilities. Its time to take a bite of the gaming goodies.
This review has discussed vital topics like games on offer, sponsorships, betting types, eSports teams, and eSports events. We hope this review motivates you to join this industry and enjoy the fun and excitement on offer.